CHILE SURF AND VOLCANOES SKI TOURING TRIP
Have you ever dream to start a early skin with sunrise, get to the top of the mountain, take your crampons off, place your skis or snowboard, glide on perfect spring corn. Then pack, drive 2 hours and be surfing perfect chilean left waves during sunset? Well is possible.
Chile is a narrow country that in barely 2 hours drive covering 100- 150 km you can be in the beach or the mountains. As easy as that.
For the last 20 years we have been running our volcanoes trips along the Andes for some nice backcountry ski touring. We are mountain guides with passion for surfing.
In the last few years our love for surfing have grown and we want to offer today a good combination of skiing and surfing even in the same day!
Remember that South pacific waters are cold so to do this trip you have to be experienced surfer. Wetsuit 5/4 or even 6/4-
This trip could be extended or shorten according to your needs. We plan originally 2 volcanos and 2 locations of surfing , we can play with conditions and choose the best option according to swell and weather to ski or surf more 🙂
Pick up in airport, drive to Mountain hut to be in position for first objective.
Hot tub watching sunset.
Ski Volcan Osorno. 1400 meters elevation gain- 6 hours climb. Ski down.
Pack our gear and drive to the Ocean. Secret spot beach break. Surf session in the pm
Hostel or camping night.
Surf beach break, maybe a left if there is enough swell. Surf Session in the morning.
Surf Session in the evening.
Camping or Hostel
Drive to Pucon. Rest driving day. Prepare ourselves for next day
Night in Hotel
Ski volcan Villarica. Normally solid 5-6 hours takes you to the top.
Ski down. Hot springs
Night in Hotel
Drive to Calfuco and wait til afternoon for good calm ocean. Afternoon Surf
Night camping or cabins according to what we end. Be flexible 🙂
Morning session surfing. Drive to airport.
This gear list is designed for Haute Route in the Alps, Hut to Hut trips in Patagonia, Frey Hut Skiing or any Multiday Mountain Ski Trip
- Backpack 35-40 lts
- Sleeping bag ideal 600/700 grams of down fill
- 2 pairs of sintethic socks (like Columbia or similar)
- Quick dry pants with Schoeller material (North face, Mammut or similar)
- Merino wool long underwear
- Water proof Goretex pants
- T shirt- Capilene or Merino wool ideal
- Thin fleece, like Patagonia R1 or similar with a hood ideal
- Mid fleece layer or synthetic Jacket with some insulation
- Down jacket or warm puffy
- Water proof Goretex jacket
- Thin Fleece gloves for skinning or waiting in belays
- Thick ski gloves
- Warm hat
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with UV filter + Goggles
- Sun screen and lipstick
- Iphone/ Ipod music player- optional
- Earplugs… very recommended (for Mt huts, windy days in tents)
- Tooth brush and paste
- Headlamp (Petzl Tikka plus, Black diamond or similar)
- Pocket knife
- Waterbottle Nalgene or similar
- Thermos 0.5 liters ideal for warm drinks
For Ski Trips:
- Telemark, Split board or ski touring skis and bindings
- Ski, Snowboard or Telemark boots
- Telemark, Snowboard or ski touring boots
- Shovel, Beacon and probe
- Boot Crampons and ice axe
- Ski crampons mandatory specially in the spring
- Ski poles
- 2 Locking binners
Inspired on this movie of Yvon Chounaird and our seek of adventure
Price per person
Min 2 persons- Max 4 persons
2 persons Private – usd 2850.-
3-4 persons – usd 2650.-
Contact us for custom details wetsuit to bring/ boards and more details
Transportation Camper van or camping gear- cookware
All meals while in the mountains
Camping meals while camping
UIAGM-IFMGA Mountain guide
Surfboards 7’2’’ Minimalibu in Chile
Meals in restaurants
IS RECOMMENDED BY