ROCK CLIMBING IN PIEDRAS BLANCAS
Bariloche have been the Rock climbing capital of alpine cragging and sport climbing.
Piedras Blancas was the place where the first pioneers climbers of Bariloche started to train before going into the bigger granite towers of Cerro Catedral and progressively to the longer routes of Patagonia.
Enjoy a full day of rock climbing guiding at the “White Rocks” on routes with an excellent view of Lake Nahuel Huapi and the city of San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina. These are technical routes, ideal for intermediate climbers.
For this rock climbing trip, we strongly recommend hiring a Professional IFMGA UIAGM or AAGM Mountain Guide.
This gear list is designed for Multiday Climbing days in the mountains where we need to camp or use facilities of a hut, we hike on rocks and scree and some patches of snow. No glacier in general
- Backpack 35-42 liters if you need sleeping bag the bigger
- Sleeping bag ideal 600/700 grams of down fill
- Running or approach shoes for rock
- Climbing Quick dry pants with Schoeller material (North face, Mammut or similar)
- T shirt- Capilene or Merino wool ideal
- Thin fleece, like Patagonia R1 or similar with a hood ideal
- Mid fleece layer or synthetic Jacket with some insulation
- Down jacket or warm puffy
- Water proof Goretex jacket
- Thin Fleece gloves for skinning or waiting in belays
- Warm hat
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Sun screen and lipstick
- Iphone/ Ipod music player- optional
- Earplugs… very recommended (for Mt huts, windy days in tents)
- Tooth brush and paste
- Headlamp (Petzl Tikka plus, Black diamond or similar)
- Pocket knife
- Waterbottle Nalgene or similar
- Hiking poles
- Rock climbing shoes
- Harnness + Daisy Chain + 2 Locking binners
- Locking binner
- Rappel device