BASIC MOUNTAINEERING, GLACIER TRAVEL & CREVASSE RESCUE COURSE
This course is a 5 days training program provided by UIAGM-IFMGA guides to learn the basic skills to travel safe on glaciated terrain and rescue your partner in case he falls in a glaciar crevasse. This basic training mountain program is designed for persons who want to gain some independency in the mountains and want to learn the following topics:
- Ice climbing technique
- Ice Axe use
- Crampon walk, french technique, 10 and 12 points technique
- Set up an anchor on ice/ snow
- Set up a snow anchor, ice screw, develop a belay system
- Crevasse Rescue
- Pulley system 2:1/ 3:1/ 5:1
- How to travel on glaciated terrain with minimum gear and minimize your pack weight
- GPS USE, waypoint, How to Travel in whiteout
- How to build a snow cave, melt snow , survive on glacier/ snowy terrain
The course will be based in Mount Tronador, which is the iconic peak in the Heart of Nahuel Huapi National Park, Bariloche, Argentina.
The students have the option to be hosted in the hut or set up their tents.
At the end of the course we will climb one of the summits of Monte Tronador, Pico Argentino 3200mts.