CLIMBING MULTIPITCHING IN CERRO LOPEZ
It is love at first sight when you set the eyes on Cerro Lopez. This mountain can be seen from many places in Bariloche, and it is known for it’s majestic open bowl in the winter and their big walls in the summer.Your mountain guide will take you to excellent climbing terrain accessed by a forty minutes hike. This mountain is where the European pioneers of Bariloche started doing mountaineering and climbing in Bariloche, training for big climbs down south near Torres del Paine and Fitz Roy area.
You can find some old pitons, some chopped rock steps made in the 60’s.
Most of the rock climbing that is there is traditional climbing going from one to four/ five and even eight pitches if you link up few walls.
Most of the climbs are on slabs and some cracks. Classic gneiss rock.
The most beautiful thing about climbing in Cerro Lopez are the views of the west side of Nahuel Huapi Park and Lake. Impressive view of Cerro Capilla.
This gear list is designed for Multiday Climbing days in the mountains where we need to camp or use facilities of a hut, we hike on rocks and scree and some patches of snow. No glacier in general
- Backpack 35-42 liters if you need sleeping bag the bigger
- Sleeping bag ideal 600/700 grams of down fill
- Running or approach shoes for rock
- Climbing Quick dry pants with Schoeller material (North face, Mammut or similar)
- T shirt- Capilene or Merino wool ideal
- Thin fleece, like Patagonia R1 or similar with a hood ideal
- Mid fleece layer or synthetic Jacket with some insulation
- Down jacket or warm puffy
- Water proof Goretex jacket
- Thin Fleece gloves for skinning or waiting in belays
- Warm hat
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Sun screen and lipstick
- Iphone/ Ipod music player- optional
- Earplugs… very recommended (for Mt huts, windy days in tents)
- Tooth brush and paste
- Headlamp (Petzl Tikka plus, Black diamond or similar)
- Pocket knife
- Waterbottle Nalgene or similar
- Hiking poles
- Rock climbing shoes
- Harnness + Daisy Chain + 2 Locking binners
- Locking binner
- Rappel device
Price per person
1 person US$ 350
2 people US$ 195
All climbing gear
UIAGM-IFMGA Mountain guide
Accommodation in town
Personal climbing shoes
Everyday in summer on request
IS RECOMMENDED BY