SKI TOURING ACROSS THE VOLCANOES OF THE ANDES
This adventure ski trip is the ultimate skiing – mountaineering adventure across the Andes, choosing the highest and nicest volcanoes of the area around the Lake District and Northern Patagonia area. Ascending them with skis and then skiing down hill in alpine style. Some afternoons we visit the spectacular and relaxing hot springs. Sleeping in hotels or mountain huts. There are many different volcanos along the Andes, we can customize your trip visiting the ones that you will love to climb up. Ski guide for touring skiing at Lonquimay, Llaima, Copahue and Caviahue area, Villarica, Choshuenco, Casa Blanca and and Osorno are some of the Volcanoes that we offer to you.
Arrival in Bariloche, Osorno or Pto Montt according to clients flight destination, we will pick you up in either of the 3 airports. We recommend to fly into Bariloche to enjoy a bit of Argentina, the drive across the Andes is totally worth it. Drive to Refugio Osorno and spend the night at this cozy mountain hut at 1400 meters, with beautiful view of Lago LLanquihue.
We climb Volcano Osorno as a first volcano in Chile. Takes app ox5 hs to skin up this volcano, approx. 1400 meters of elevation gain. In general is possible to skin up most of it. Just the last part we will wear crampons to get to the summit. Ski down back to the hut and spend the night there enjoying a nice meal with an awesome view and its magic sunsets.Chile can be described as: Green, Volcanoes, Seafood and beautiful sunsets! They offer Hot tab serviceGuided volcanoes ski trip South America
Drive to Pucon, Chile. Long travel day. This drive goes across the Andes enjoying monkey puzzle forest and the landscape of the Patagonian steppe and the mountains.
Night in hotel in Pucon.
Climb up Villarica volcano (2840 mts). Afternoon in the local hot springs. Relax, visiting the nice town of Pucon.
Night in hotel
Drive to Caracautín or Malacahuelo, base town of Volcan Lonquimay (2890 mts) and Volcan Llaima (3125 mts) Volcanoes.
Night in Hosteria.
Climb up Volcano Llaima (3125 mts). Ski downhill, Optional visit to hot springs.
Night in Hosteria.
Climb up to Volcano Lonquimay (2890 mts) and ski down. Hot springs.
Night in hosteria.
Spare day for bad weather to be used in the best place. Rest day or ski day to the Sierra Nevada near Malacahuelo-
Optional Hot springs
Drive back to Bariloche or San Martin. Also, Temuco is a good option to combine flights in Chile where we could finish our services.
Temuco is a good place for air travel connection to Santiago de Chile.
End of services
This gear list is designed for Haute Route in the Alps, Hut to Hut trips in Patagonia, Frey Hut Skiing or any Multiday Mountain Ski Trip
- Backpack 35-40 lts
- Sleeping bag ideal 600/700 grams of down fill
- 2 pairs of sintethic socks (like Columbia or similar)
- Quick dry pants with Schoeller material (North face, Mammut or similar)
- Merino wool long underwear
- Water proof Goretex pants
- T shirt- Capilene or Merino wool ideal
- Thin fleece, like Patagonia R1 or similar with a hood ideal
- Mid fleece layer or synthetic Jacket with some insulation
- Down jacket or warm puffy
- Water proof Goretex jacket
- Thin Fleece gloves for skinning or waiting in belays
- Thick ski gloves
- Warm hat
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with UV filter + Goggles
- Sun screen and lipstick
- Iphone/ Ipod music player- optional
- Earplugs… very recommended (for Mt huts, windy days in tents)
- Tooth brush and paste
- Headlamp (Petzl Tikka plus, Black diamond or similar)
- Pocket knife
- Waterbottle Nalgene or similar
- Thermos 0.5 liters ideal for warm drinks
For Ski Trips:
- Telemark, Split board or ski touring skis and bindings
- Ski, Snowboard or Telemark boots
- Telemark, Snowboard or ski touring boots
- Shovel, Beacon and probe
- Boot Crampons and ice axe
- Ski crampons mandatory specially in the spring
- Ski poles
- 2 Locking binners
Minimum 4 people
Professional UIAGM-IFMGA Mountain Guide
Ski guide Patagonia
Private transportation during whole trip.
Sightseeing in towns, cities.
All meals in the mountains
Lodging in hotels during all trip
Price does not include:
International and domestic airfares, Hot springs fees
Ski touring gear
Extra drinks, meals in cities , towns, etc.
23 Sept- 1st October , 2018
IS RECOMMENDED BY