REMOTE PATAGONIAN FARM SKI TRIP
A nice Estancia south of Bariloche with a guest house and a hidden five stars Mountain hut
This Hidden farm is a private land owned by some Old Andescross friends and is ideal to have a full Patagonian Experience. Takes two hours from Nahuel Huapi National Park and Bariloche area to get there and 30 km of gravel and interesting four wheel drive to get to the farm. The farm has the whole Patagonian experience with a nice simple guest house what we will use as base. From here we can access some day trips and also if we travel further with snowmobile we can access to remote huts builded privately by the owner.
Terrain offers everything from good Patagonia Lengas Nothofagus forest, open bowls, couloirs, steep and mellow faces.
There is terrain for everyone and is a unique experience.
Mountains in the area are around 2000 mts.
The mountains are part of the pre-andes range which holds a intercontinental snowpack instead of maritime snowpack as most of the Andes. So this helps for better snow quality.
Drive from Bariloche to the Estancia
Takes around two hours and a half to get to the Estancia.
The drives involves some nice sight seeing, wild roads and river crossing. Just to get there it is an adventure itself.
Once in the guest house we will prepare and go to a closer tree skiing area to warm up the legs.
Night in the Guest House
Snowmobile access to remote Patagonian Hut
Early morning breakfast, some little driving and help with snowmobile to access this pristine hut in middle of nowhere.
Some afternoon skiing in between trees saddles and couloirs we will do a bit of everything according to clients level and needs
Good ski day.
Night in mountain hut
Full ski day nearbies the alpine hut
Full day of skiing playing in between different valleys, couloirs finding the best snow as possible to get the best skiing. It is a very pretty area with lots of options, so we will get the best of this remote Patagonian valley with our professional IFMGA SKI GUIDES
Night in Patagonian hut
Ski in the morning and drive in the afternoon
In the morning we do some skiing to finish undone ski business and just track what haven’t been done.
Later we pack and snowmobile out. Drive back to Bariloche to best restaurant 🙂
End of services
This gear list is designed for Haute Route in the Alps, Hut to Hut trips in Patagonia, Frey Hut Skiing or any Multiday Mountain Ski Trip
- Backpack 35-40 lts
- Sleeping bag ideal 600/700 grams of down fill
- 2 pairs of sintethic socks (like Columbia or similar)
- Quick dry pants with Schoeller material (North face, Mammut or similar)
- Merino wool long underwear
- Water proof Goretex pants
- T shirt- Capilene or Merino wool ideal
- Thin fleece, like Patagonia R1 or similar with a hood ideal
- Mid fleece layer or synthetic Jacket with some insulation
- Down jacket or warm puffy
- Water proof Goretex jacket
- Thin Fleece gloves for skinning or waiting in belays
- Thick ski gloves
- Warm hat
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with UV filter + Goggles
- Sun screen and lipstick
- Iphone/ Ipod music player- optional
- Earplugs… very recommended (for Mt huts, windy days in tents)
- Tooth brush and paste
- Headlamp (Petzl Tikka plus, Black diamond or similar)
- Pocket knife
- Waterbottle Nalgene or similar
- Thermos 0.5 liters ideal for warm drinks
For Ski Trips:
- Telemark, Split board or ski touring skis and bindings
- Ski, Snowboard or Telemark boots
- Telemark, Snowboard or ski touring boots
- Shovel, Beacon and probe
- Boot Crampons and ice axe
- Ski crampons mandatory specially in the spring
- Ski poles
- 2 Locking binners
(Minimum 2 skiers)
US$ 1250 per person for 4 days
Each extended day cost USD 300 PER PERSON PER DAY
(including extra night, meals and IFMGA-UIAGM Mountain guide)
All meals in the hut
UIAGM-IFMGA mountain guide
On request , every day during patagonian winter
IS RECOMMENDED BY